|Release date:||October 31, 2008|
|Platforms:||PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360|
Mafia II takes you back to the old days with the wise guys running the show.
Mafia II is the sequel to the game Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. The game starts with Vito coming home from World War II. From there, you start working your way up the mafia ladder. The game boasts that you will be able to make decisions, and depending upon your path, there are several different outcomes. The game takes place in a fictional version of New York city of the 1940s and 50s.
Wikipedia lists several features that will be included in the game
- Readable newspapers about news from between 1945 and 1950.
- A completely open-ended sandbox of 10 square miles with no restrictions at the beginning of the game.
- Vehicles will change with time, newer models coming later in the game.
- There will still be traffic violations, however the police reaction will be toned down compared to the original.
- Familiar sights such as the Brooklyn Bridge and the Empire State Building will be included.
- It has been hinted that there will be a vertical element to the story.
- The player will be able to buy homes and store items there.
- Restaurants will be open, and food and drink will replenish health.
- The Empire Automobile Shop will be able to replace engines, respray bodies, and redo interiors.
- More items in the game will be interactive, such as faucets, bottles, chairs, radios, etc.
- Cars will show damage, get dirty, explode, and run out of fuel.
- NPCs will interact in everyday activities.
- There will be two ways to interact with surroundings. There will be a standard and a violent button.
- A map will be included with the game.
- Checkpoints have been redone.
- Gyms will allow you to learn fighting.
- Player will be able to use taxicabs for quick travel.
- Trunks will be accessible for storage.
- Licence plates are customizeable.
- Different outfits will be available for purchase at various stores throughout the game.